How to use our cellar manager
In your passion for wine, you get to a moment when you wonder which bottles to conserve for the long term, which ones are mature and in danger of decline and which bottle should you drink this weekend?
You may even scratch your head when looking for the Pomerol that was bought last April and booked for a great occasion.
If you have reached this point, it’s clear, the time has come to use Alfred as a cellar manager.
If you prefer to venture by yourself, here are the steps to follow:
- Do you own a cellar of a known brand ? Choose one of the available templates from our application. If you can’t find it in the list, call our experts toll free to structure your inventory adequately and thus benefit from an evolutionary classification. We encourage you to email photos of your cellar or cave to email@example.com, and an one of our experts will guide you by telephone.
- Do you have a custom cellar ? We offer a VIP service where an Alfred accredited specialist will program the structure and identification of sections of your cellar on-site; This service is offered at a very competitive price.
- Want to save your bottles in your inventory ? A few seconds will be needed to identify each vintage, its millesime, its format and thanks to the technology Stamp DataMatrix of Alfred, to attribute to the bottle a specific location in the cellar. Again, if you’re short of time, you can ask Alfred to do it for you. We offer the service for or updating a cellar throughout Quebec.
- Want to drink a bottle ? A single « scan » of Alfred Stamp using your phone or tablet will allow you to remove it from your inventory. No time yet? You just have to place your bottles in a recuperation bin or simply leave the spaces empty and an Alfred technician will take care of updating your cellar every month.
– Should I put an Alfred stamp on my bottles ?
The stamps are not necessary for small cellars where the positioning of the bottles is of little importance. However, several benefits stem from the use of Alfred’s unique DataMatrix Stamp . It allows you to find a bottle, associate a market value and a lifetime to this bottle and finally manage your inventory quickly and efficiently. With the revolutionary Alfred Peer to Peer Service, you can buy and sell bottles from other members of our community. All bottles available for sale must be stamped. Our DataMatrix Stamp eliminate the risk of errors in a transaction, simplifying the process and providing the necessary guarantees in case of default or counterfeiting. In the event of a disaster, the presence of these stamps avoids any possible contestation and facilitates the settlement of insurance forAlfred Secure, the first digital insurance for wine in the world developed exclusively by us in partnership with Industrial Alliance.
– Why not use the bar code already present on the bottle instead of the stamp ?
The bar code found on most labels, also called the Universal Product Code UPC is the first digital identification system used in America for retail items. An engineer at IBM invented this system in the 1970s. The barcode is present everywhere in our daily life. However the same UPC is used by wine producers, year after year, on different vintages. As our commitment is to maintain information on the market value and aging potential of each vintage, the CUP can’t be used for cellar management as it it does not recognize the vintage of the bottle.
n order to appreciate the fun side of wine, leave to Alfred the hassle of managing your wine cellar. Whether you have 100 or 10,000 bottles, we have a solution that will simplify the management and allow you to focus on pleasure. Being an Alfred member means being part of a community and a whole ecosystem of services where professionals and cutting-edge technologies will support you.
We look forward to assisting you in your passion!
Do not hesitate to contact our customer service department at 1-855-882-2020, ext. 1 (toll-free) for any question.